Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wow! What a Month!

As I walked in to the library this afternoon, I suddenly realized that October is almost over.  Done!  Finished! Kaput!  Where did the month go?  It has been action-packed here at the library, so I thought I'd reflect a little on the month that has almost completely passed me by.  Here is what October has looked like for me:

Tess G. signs a book for Barb
 Best-selling author, Tess Gerritsen visited us early in the month.  First, she had dinner with the library's bookclub, and then gave an engaging talk about her writing process, and the research that goes in to getting the details "just right."  She then stuck around and signed books!  It was an awesome night enjoyed by all.

Some of our young patrons check out the photo display
Next, the library hosted the Fall Foliage Festival photography and poetry contests!  We had an award ceremony for the winners and their families and have had the honor of displaying the entries all month long.

 Finally, the library unveiled our Cemetery Database.  The records are mainly historic in nature and were compiled with the help of the Morgan County History and Genealogy Association.  We are working hard to get more of the current listings included in the database, but this is still a great resource for those interested in digging up their family roots.

 I wonder what November will bring??  I guess that I will soon find out!

Happy reading,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment