Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas is on its way.


It is getting close to Christmas, just 17 days away. If you are like me, there are many things left to be done. My family just put our tree up over the weekend. The library is well decorated with the Festival of Trees here at Main, but if you get a chance come visit one of our other locations and see the Festival of Tree entries out at the branches.

I have been enjoying all the new Christmas books that have been coming into the library. We have both fiction and nonfiction Christmas books that will be coming into the system clear though and probably even after the holidays. So stop in and see what’s new or check out the Wowbrary scroll at the top right of our webpage. I personally can say that I love the new cookbooks with all the candy and cookie recipes. I often find new things to make or should say want to make. Time is always running out for me. I have been making candies, but haven’t made any fudge yet. I need to get going with a few batches of cookies also.

My family looks forward to all the baking and homemade goodies they get each year. I am not the shopper, but I do enjoy making small presents that are useful and I try to make something that each person on my list will like. I get some ideas from the internet, but I also use books to find the majority of my new projects and patterns. A few weeks ago I had 10 books come in from other Evergreen libraries just for that purpose. If you enjoy crafting or making treats, then surf our catalog and get some new ideas. If it is too late for this year, then start planning for next year. I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment