Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Concerts

Some of the biggest regrets in my life are the awesome concerts I missed by musical groups that no longer tour or have retired from the music scene.  Last winter I finally got to see the Moody Blues live and it was a great concert!  Now don't get me wrong, the concert was lovely.  Justin Hayward sang as sweet as he always did and they covered some of my favorite Moody Blues songs and I was thrilled to be there, but I wish I could have seen the Moody Blues when they were in their prime. I also got to see Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull last summer.  He still plays a mean flute but Ian's slowed down a bit and his voice doesn't have the singing range and abilities it once had. I still enjoyed going to see him but wow, what a rush it would be to see Jethro Tull live back in the day. 

This summer I will see The Dave Matthews band once again and I am really looking forward to that.  However, I didn't get to see Heart, or Sheryl Crow, or Led Zeppelin, or who knows how many other groups when they were touring.  I was busy raising my family or I didn't have the time or the money.  Something stopped me from seeing many of the music groups I would have loved to have seen back then.  Now I have more time and money to attend concerts but sometimes the groups I want to see are no longer touring or aren't even a band anymore.

This is where having a library card comes in handy though.  The library has many concerts on DVD that I can check out for free and enjoy right in my own living room at my leisure.   Sometimes I think watching concerts on DVDs at home is even better than attending a concert.  You don't have to worry about getting good seats, the drunken bums hogging the view in front of you as they become loud and obnoxious, or parking for that matter.  Just dim the lights, put on the DVD, turn it up (within reason of course) and enjoy! 

I encourage you to look at the library's selection of concert DVDS!


Also check out these links on the best concerts on DVD:




No comments:

Post a Comment